Lead Breast Surgeon And Chairperson, Tasmia Tahmid Breast Care clinic.
MBBS, MRCS (RCS Edin), PGDipAesSurg(London)
1. Lead Breast Surgeon , United Hospital
2. Locum Associate Specialist, King’s college hospital, London
3. Senior SpR - Breast Unit, King’s College Hospital, London
1. Breast Health series- part-1-7 , ‘The Daily Star’ news paper, mostly read national newspaper in Bangladesh.
2. Article on awareness for Breast Cancer on 26th October 2011- in ‘Prothom Alo’-mostly read Bangali Newspaper in Bangladesh.
3. Abstract on –‘Sentinel node biopsy-minimum nodal yield’. Submitted to Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland conference –May 2009.
4. Abstract on “Saline Instillation into surgical cavity is a novel way of improving cosmesis after breast surgery”, 7th Breast Conference in Madrid,June’07.
5.Co-author of Medical admission Guidebook in Dhaka, Bangladesh in 1994.
Summery of operative skills:
Simple and modified radical mastectomy- >300
LD flap Reconstruction with expander-3, (assisted->20)
Skin sparing Mastectomy-10
Nipple sparing mastectomy-8-10
Subcutaneous mastectomy for gynaecomastia-8
Wide excision and wire guided excision of Breast lump-400
Sentinel node biopsy->30
Axillary clearances(level III)-100
Major duct excision - 20
Assisted in endoscopic mastectomy
Exchange of breast implants
Correction of scar deformity in breasts
Appendicectomies. (without supervision)
20 Inguinal hernia repair with Prolene mesh.
5-8 Emergency Laparotomy- initiated.
3 Laperoscopic Appendicectomies.
1 Under supervision-Laperoscopic Cholecystectomy.
15 OGD(under supervision)
10 Flexible Sigmoidoscopy(under supervision).